Saturday, December 11, 2010

Final fundraiser and bake sale for the Memorial Fund

I have had so much help and support for this bake sale, it is unbelievable. We have had so many food donations and they have all been wonderful. We sold green chile burros and they were a hit. They sold out in less than a half an hour (I think almost 4 dozen burros). My sister Kelli made the meat and when she found out they sold out she went and got more meat for us to cook and deliver for the pre-sold dinner rush. I had a surprise visit from some friends we hadn't seen in a long while. It was so great to see them (I wish I had more time to sit and visit). Their whole family came to support us (speachless). There were so many people that helped me today that I can't thank everyone enough for all they did to help us out. I had two great friends that helped me in the kitchen baking and serving people all day long. I had many great friends and family members that came to purchase and support us. Just even the honks and the waves as people passed by really meant alot. We are finally done raising money and Mom can be buried and rest in peace. Well I say that with hesitation because we still don't have a signed death certificate from the doctors. Maybe by Monday (hopefully).

This is the setup that Frank and Susan Eck did. Thank you Susan for the canopy, signs and yummy, yummy food. You are amazing.

No comments:

Counter