Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our final goodbyes

What a completely exhausting day this has been. We met Jack and Sandy at the Mortuary to say goodbye to Ma today. My friend Trudy came to stay with our daycare kids again, they love when she comes over. Thanks trudy!! I keep telling myself that I can't brake down and start crying now, I have too much to do for the Memorial service on Saturday. I held up pretty good and tried to be a great support for everyone else. It wasn't sad for me to see Ma today, maybe because I knew her spirit was gone and she just wasn't the same. It was sad to see Frank so upset and not be able to take the pain away from him. Everyone had a really hard time saying their final earthly goodbyes. Even though we know that we will see her again some day, it is still hard to let her go. We were so blessed to have her in our lives. It has been so hard for me to not feel like I need to rush off to see her or call to check on her. That really makes me sad. Below are some pictures that we took while we were there saying goodbye. I have cropped her out of the pictures, just didn't feel right about showing her.

Jack and Sandy
Sandy and Frank saying goodbye
All of us but Shelby. We felt like she was too young to be there.
The kids!!
The kids hands on the blanket that Grandma was covered up with.

No comments:

Counter