Monday, July 5, 2010

On our way to Utah!!

We got home from Payson about 11 or 11:30 pm last night and at 6:00 am this morning we are heading to Utah. Andre, his friend Rick, Brooke, Shelby and I are making the journey to surprise my sister and her husband. We are on our way, having a great trip. We prayed as a family before leaving that we would get there safely. I am driving, Andre is my passenger keeping me awake. Brooke, Shelby and Rick are in the back watching Wubbzy (sorry Rick). We are doing good, no problems what-so-ever. We get to Page and stop at the Burger King on the hill to eat lunch. We have a great lunch and go out to leave, get in the suburban and it won't shift into gear. We try for over a half an hour to get it out of this parking spot. We have tried everything by now. Well almost everything. Andre mentions that our prayer this morning didn't really work because we haven't made it to Utah safely. I tell him that it is a good idea for us to pray again. After some hesitation he offers a prayer that we could get out of the parking spot we were in. He finishes praying and I turn on the truck and put it in gear, shut up, it shifts into gear. We all look at each other with amazement and quickly pull out of the parking spot. We make it down on the highway again and it shifts out of gear again. I get out of the truck run up to Checker Auto Parts and they give me the name of a mechanic that is open on the holiday. I call him and he tells me his tow truck is out of commision and I will have to call someone else to tow me to his shop, just up the hill. I think he could tell I was stressed out beyond belief, I told him I would just try to make it up the hill to his shop. We made it half way up the hill and couldn't go any further. I call Frank and am shaking and crying I am so upset. This angel of a man and his wife pull up behind me and it is the mechanic. He tells me that when he didn't hear back from me he got worried and decided to come looking for us. His wife came in her own vehicle to drive us to the shop and the rental car place and make sure we were all safe. His wife was 8 1/2 months pregnant. Well the diagnosis for the Suburban isn't a pretty sight, the transmission is gone. Needless to say we had to leave it behind to get fixed and rent a car to get the rest of the way to Utah. As we got our rental car and headed back to the shop to load our stuff from the truck, one of the workers at the shop was standing outside smoking. As I walk into the shop he says, "wow lady, you are really lucky that you made it to Page without braking down. If you were on either side of Page you would have been in trouble trying to get help." This stopped me in my tracks. It took a man I didn't even know to remind me how lucky we really were. We could have broken down the night before on the way home from Payson. We were traveling so late and there isn't really anywhere to pull off, if we had. We could have broken down really far from help. How blessed we were to make it to Page. Then he says " You must be living your life right. you had someone looking out for you today". Wow, these are the small miracles that we take for granted on a daily basis. Everything that happened that day, happened for a reason. Exactly the way it was supposed to happen.  There were angels that entered in our lives that day, that changed me as a person. Even though the experience was scary, being by myself with the kids, we were blessed beyond belief. Well, at this point we are way behind on our trip and are not going to make it to dinner to surprise anyone. We make it the Sandy about 8:00pm (Utah time). My niece gets my sister and her husband to go get a yogurt after dinner and we were still able to meet them there and surprise them. I don't think surprised is the word. They had no idea.. I love doing that.

No comments:

Counter